Greater Sudbury Rogers Hometown Hockey-Minor Hockey Integration
I hope you all are having a fantastic week so far! My name is Christine Fergin, and I am the Community Events Manager for Rogers Hometown Hockey. I have been working closely with Randy Pascal to get the ball rolling on minor hockey integration for the event, but as he is now out of the country, I will be taking over the communication. I do sincerely apologize for the delay on getting this information out to you…we have been on some incredibly tight timelines and only received your information this past weekend, however, we are VERY excited to provide you with some more detail regarding the upcoming weekend and look forward to working with all of you!
Please see below for more details related to the event and how your associations can get involved
About Rogers Hometown Hockey:
In compliance with local and provincial health protocols, the fan-favourite festival will feature a full weekend of hockey-themed activities, local vendors and live entertainment, culminating in a viewing party on Monday night for the pre-game show with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone on Sportsnet.
Enhanced festival protocols for entry include: proof of full vaccination, mandatory face masks, social distancing, touchless activations, capacity restrictions, contact tracing and health questionnaires. Full festival health & safety regulations are available here.
Where to Get Tickets:
Register for your FREE ticket here: https://tickets.hometownhockey.com/register/sudbury
Sudbury Community Arena – 240 Elgin St., Greater Sudbury, ON
• Saturday, November 13 – Festival open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Sunday, November 14 – Festival open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Monday, November 15 – Rogers Hometown Hockey viewing party starts at 6 p.m. through to the end of the broadcast
Science North – 100 Ramsey Lake Rd., Greater Sudbury, ON
Monday November 15th- Broadcast open from 6 p.m to 5 p.m
MINOR HOCKEY INTEGRATION
• Looking to gather the Minor Hockey teams to come to site and participate in ball hockey on the Desjardins ball hockey rink
o One team per 30-minute time slot
o All players must register for their digital ticket for the time slot that corresponds with their ball hockey time
Tickets can be obtained here: https://tickets.hometownhockey.com/register/sudbury
• Please visit the following link to register your teams (refer to the association names to determine which times are dedicated to your association): https://forms.gle/EsWi8cRJLyAnh2cC8
• Deadline: Please sign up your teams by no later than 9:00pm on November 11th
Team Rogers Community Draft:
• Each week of the Rogers Hometown Hockey season, a few minor hockey kids will be selected from each community for the Team Rogers Community Draft and will receive:
o $150 towards their league fees
o Team Rogers SWAG kit
o Exclusive access to Team Rogers opportunities
• Your players can register for this here: https://getdrafted.ca/hometownhockey/
If anyone has any questions whatsoever, do not hesitate to reach out
Thanks so much,